Thursday, February 16, 2012

Moods


"These killer, crazy-making moods emerge from a changing female body and the mind reacts". I don't know if you can see the big, hunched figure on the right edge of this painting...Its blob body has just a bump for a head and two arms that are holding a black object - maybe a heavy stone? Maybe it's a gift? And this figure is being projected out of a pale, white figure on the other page. 

I painted this on a day when my moods were swinging and it helped so much to steady everything, to calm, to understand. I am not my moods. My moods emerge. The mind reacts. Take care of this changing female body and keep an eye on the mind!

It fascinates me that the background below is what I started with. The first thing I saw was this hunched figure that turns up in my work from time to time, usually representing difficult emotions. It's only a piece of waxed paper randomly glued to the page, but it suggested a shape to me that is connected (for me) to a recurrent theme, and everything else just flowed from there. Like my husband says: "Painting is magic".





No comments:

Post a Comment